The next East Northants Faith Group Community Leaders’ Lunch will be on the theme of Mental Health and Wellbeing, and take place from 11.30am to 2pm on Wednesday 25th October at the Frontier Centre, Addington Road, Irthlingborough, NN9 5UH.
The event will follow the format of meeting at 11:30am for refreshments followed by a 12 noon start. As well as a buffet lunch, the event will have two led sessions.
The first by Dr David Smart GP Partner Leicester Terrace Health Care Centre, Northampton:
- Recognition of low wellbeing as a major social problem affecting behaviour and overlap with mental disorder
- Description of evidence of what the evidence is that can help
- Focus on Action for Happiness – GREAT DREAM as a model to help
- What can the Church do?
The second by The Revd Philip Evans MA – Lead Chaplain, St Andrews, Northampton, UKBHC Registered, will be aimed at supporting those with mental illness, autism, learning disability ….
- What might the Church’s healing ministry look like?
- How can church leaders grow in responding?
- How can local churches develop their ministry?
Opportunities for further learning and networking: the meeting is open to all peoples from all backgrounds, experience and understanding. Basically anyone with a heart for and a concern for health and wellbeing issues, who want to learn, and network. The organizers would love to see you and get to know you more and become part of this learning network, seeking to address local issues and concerns around the county. A £5 donation on the day to cover costs would be welcome.
Bookings can be made on Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/enfg-community-leaders-lunch-mental-health-and-wellbeing-tickets-38000211656